Presentation of the Intel® Agilex™ board
The XpressSX AGI-FH400G Agilex™ I-Series SoC PCIe board is a full-height, half-length PCIe Gen5 Network Processing board, featuring the Agilex™ I-Series SoC FPGA and 400 GB Ethernet.
The Intel® Agilex™ board is based on an Intel® Agilex™ I-series SoC FPGA. This device is optimized for bandwidth-intensive applications that require a high-performance processor interface, supported by the CXL™ standard interface, the PCIe Gen5 x16 interface, and transceiver tiles with data rates of up to 116 Gbps.
The FPGA board is delivered with a 2-slot PCIe active heatsink and is specifically optimized for embedded applications.
Target markets are Security, SmartNIC, and Networking Acceleration.
REFLEX CES & CESNET collaborated to provide a complete solution for network security and monitoring, smart NIC, and networking acceleration applications, through the Liberouter project.
Benefits & features
- Intel® Agilex™ I-Series SoC FPGA
- Quad Core ARM® Cortex® A53
- 2700 KLE
- PCIe Edge Gen5 x16, CXL™
- 400GbE (8 x 56)
- 3x DDR4 banks
- 4x HSI connectors (2x PCIe Gen5 x16 EP)
The main advantage of the Intel® Agilex™ board is the 400-Gigabit Ethernet capability, specially designed for SmartNIC applications.
The FPGA is an Intel® Agilex™ I-Series SoC device. Agilex™ delivers double the fabric performance per watt. Intel® Agilex™ I-Series SoC FPGA devices also integrate the quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor to provide high system integration.
The Intel® Agilex™ I-Series FPGA has options to integrate Compute Express Link™ (CXL™), an open standard interconnect protocol for high-speed CPU-to-device and CPU-to-memory. This standard is built on the PCIe physical and electrical interface.
The FPGA delivers up to 40% lower power for applications in data centers, networking, and edge computing.
FPGAs (field programmable gate arrays) are used to offer high-capacity logic and memory storage.
The system-on-chip (SoC) is an integrated circuit inside the FPGA, most often a CPU (central processing unit) processor and supporting peripherals, that provides more flexibility and integration, and allows the FPGA to better control the board.
Our Intel® Agilex™ board offers primary interfaces and components, such as 400 Gb Ethernet, PCIe Gen5 x16 (CXL™ compatible), HSI connectors (offering transceivers for PCI Express), power supplies, a USB 2.0 port (for JTAG, UART, BMC), high-speed transceivers, DDR4 (on-board and SO-DIMM) interfaces and more. These components are from Intel®, Micron Technology, Inc., STMicroelectronics, and Cypress Semiconductor.
The Agilex™ board has a full height, half-length, 2-slot PCI Express form factor, specially designed to fit into various servers and chassis available on the market, as well as custom rack systems for embedded applications.
The Peripheral Component Interconnect Express, commonly known as PCI Express, is a high-speed serial computer expansion bus standard. Our FPGA board offers up to three PCI Express x16 slots or two CXL™ standard interfaces. Added to an Intel® Agilex™ SoC FPGA I-series, this makes our board quick and efficient.
Reduce time to market of your next embedded project with our Agilex™ SoC board, using the Intel® Quartus Prime development tools. We draw on our firmware, hardware, and software skills, and full documentation package and reference designs to create our boards.
The Intel® Agilex™ board is RoHS and REACH standard compliant.
Our Intel® Agilex™ board is specially designed for customer needs and specifications.
Our sales team is available to advise you on the best solution to meet your requirements. Contact us at email@example.com.
- Intel® Agilex™ I-Series : AGIB027R29A1E2V including SoC Quad Core ARM® Cortex® A53
- HPS interface : UART, USB Device, SDCARD/EMMC, 2x LED, SPI to Max 10
- Flash configuration
- USB 2.0 Hub for JTAG, UART, BMC, USB2
- 1x on-board DDR4 (mutual SoC / FPGA), x64 bit bus, 4GBytes up to 2666 MT/s
- 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM sockets, each capable up to 32GBytes SO-DIMM, with ECC
- eMMC or SD Card holder (if used) for SoC
- 200W max, delivered with 2-slot active cooling heatsink
- Powered by the PCIe slot and an 8 pin PCIe Aux ATX external connector (additional power)
Board dimensions: Full height half length: 167.7mm x 111.15mm
Operating range: 0°C to 35°C
Storage range: 0°C to 70°C
- PCIe Edge Gen5 x16
- CXL™ standard compatible*:
- Open standard interconnection for high-speed CPU-to-device and CPU-to-memory
- Built on the PCIe physical and electrical interface
- 8x QSFP56-DD (8x 56G: 400G total)
- 2x HSI connectors (ARF6-16-L-RA): Total of 16 transceivers for PCIe Gen5 EP, CXL™ standard compatible
- 2x HSI connectors (ARF6-16-L-RA): Total of 16 transceivers for PCIe Gen5 EP
- 2x USB-C connectors for HSI Clocks & control signals
*Use of CXL™ features might require separate CXL™ IP license purchase. Please contact Intel® for details.
- Board Management Controller (Max® 10 device)
- Programmable PLL
Standards and compliance
- RoHS/REACH compliant
- UL certified
- ISO9001 certified
Additional PCIe Gen4 x16 daughter card
The XpressSX AGI-FH400G board needs to be inserted in a PCIe Gen5 compatible server in order to deliver the full PCIe Gen5 x16 performances.
In case the user is only using a PCIe Gen4 compatible server, the XpressSX AGI-FH400G is delivered with this PCIe Gen4 x16 daughter card. This way, the sytem will achieve 2x Gen4 x16 performances similar to PCIe Gen5 x16, using two R-Tile PCIe Hard IPs inside the FPGA.
The daughter card also supports x8x8 bifurcation mode.
NDK Development Framework
Part number: NDK-PROF-SUPPORT
Start your design from standard NIC
- Provided as a free demo application
- Network module based on F-Tile 400G Ethernet Hard IP
- Ultra fast DMA with 400 Gbps throughput based on PCIe Gen5 x16 interface (R-Tile)
- Easy to use memory interface for single read/write data from/to card
- Preconfigured DDR4 controller for memory access from the user logic
- Precise timestamps with 2.5 ns resolution for 400G Ethernet
Easy to use Development Framework
- Set of open-source IP cores for data manipulation
- Automatic scripts for complete design synthesis
- Single make command to create complete FPGA bitstream
- Bitstream identification through DeviceTree ROM
- Easy to use software stack in a single RPM package
- Linux kernel driver, DPDK support, user space library, tools for the configuration of components
- Easy creation of custom application by user-friendly API for component access and DMA transfers
- Fully parameterizable and modular hardware and software architecture
- Full height half length 2-slot PCIe board with active heatsink and PCIe bracket
- 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM 32GByte each, one SD card
- 2x HSI cables (ARC6-16-10.0-LU-LD-2-1) and 1x USB-C to USB-C cables (0.72ft), 3.1 Gen2 to connect the PCIe Gen4 x16 daughter card
- PCIe Gen4 x16 daughter card
- 1-year technical support and 1-year warrantee
- Online support at support.reflexces.com
- NDK package (including DPDK NIC application) provided separately by BrnoLogic
- Contact reflex ces for PCIe Gen5 CXL™ interface validation
- Board Support Package (to download from our online technical support) after purchase of a board:
- Reference Manual, 2D drawing
- DWF/STEP models (upon request)
- FPGA part :
- Firmware HDL test designs
- Software : CESNET NDK + Software APIs
- HPS part:
- Firmware based on Intel Agilex GHRD
- Software based on Intel Agilex GSRD: uboot FSBL + SSBL, Arm Trusted Firmware, Linux kernel, Linux OS (Yocto)
- XpressSXAGI-FH400GT-ES // Intel® Agilex™ SoC I-Series based on ES Silicon (AGIB027R29A1E2VR3)
- XpressSXAGI-FH400GT // Intel® Agilex™ SoC I-Series based on Production Silicon (AGIB027R29A1E2V)
Contact sales for availability and pricing
Target Network Applications
Hardware acceleration of precise network monitoring, IDS/IP systems, next generation firewalls, test equipment, Anti DDoS and other time-critical networking applications.
Only one card for 10, 40, 100, 200 and 400 GE link speeds.
|Network monitoring probes
▪ high-speed packet capture with up to 512 receive queues, DPDK support
▪ Hardware filters and pattern matching to accelerate IDS/IPS systems
The card is prepared for custom hardware acceleration in FPGA
We provide FPGA design based on high-speed 400 Gb IP cores for:
▪ packet headers parsing (Ethernet, ICMP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, etc.),