reflex ces has been designing and manufacturing high-end FPGA boards and embedded systems for 20 years. We use the latest technologies to allow our customers to implement their projects quickly, safely and cost effectively. The product cycle is shorter, meaning customers deploy on the market faster.
reflex ces has extensive board design experience and offers support from specification to validation.
High-end FPGA expertise, Intel® and AMD
- Configuration and clocks
- Power supply
- Memory (DDR3/4, QDRII+, QDRIV, etc)
- High-speed links up to 32 Gbits NRZ, 56 Gbits PAM4
Wide processor range
- SoC AMD (Zynq®) Intel® (Arria® and Stratix®) as well as ARM-based (i.mX) or PowerPC-based (QorIQ) processors
- 32-bit µController expertise (STM32, Gecko, PIC32)
Vast and extensive form factor knowledge
- COM Express
- compact PCI
In-house CAD, leveraging extensive experience in routing complex boards
- 20+ layers
- Fine pitch BGA (up to 0.4 mm pitch)
To validate technical choices, simulations are run throughout the entire board development process:
- Pre-layout simulations to validate stack-up and impedance
- Post-layout SI (signal integrity) simulations to validate the speed links (crosstalk, eye diagrams)
- Post-layout PI (power integrity) simulations to validate the DC drop and IC Power delivery networks
When designing FPGA, our goal is to support our customers from the specification phase until delivery of binary application files, through all the conception and validation stages.
The right FPGA for your project:
With our in-depth FPGA knowledge, reflex ces helps you choose the device that perfectly meets your needs from a constantly changing list of components from Intel® (with Agilex, Stratix, Arria, Cyclone, Max) and AMD (Zynq UltraScale+, VirtexUltraScale+, Virtex-7, Kintex, Zynq, Artix).
Let reflex ces take care of I/O planning for critical interfaces, such as memories (DDR3, DDR4, QDR-II+, QDR-IV, etc) and high-speed links (SFP, QSFP-28, QSFP-DD, PCI Express).
Paired with our board expertise, reflex ces guarantees 100% operational hardware.
Suitable skills for all of your needs:
reflex ces will advise you about your architectural choices: internal or external RAM, existing IP or custom-made modules, PCI Express, ethernet, and more.
Our experience includes numerous projects spanning diverse applications:
- High data rate routing, processing, store and replay (10/40/100 Gb Ethernet, custom user data).
- Ethernet/PCI Express/DDR4/HDMI/DisplayPort interfaces.
- Full application, reference designs or simple IP to be integrated by the customer.
- Test benches for the electrical validation of boards with high-speed interfaces (32 Gbps NRZ and 56 Gbps PAM-4 transceivers, DDR4, QDR-II+, PCI Express)
- Pairing is possible with ARM processors from the Intel® SX and AMD Zynq families.
- ADC/DAC interfaces.
- IA inference with standalone FPGA.
Full control of tools and components:
It is not only about coding. At reflex ces, we also master all the tools necessary for efficiency, from board architecture development to board validation:
- Intel® Quartus, AMD Vivado.
- Early functional validation with simulation using Modelsim.
- On-board transceiver qualification using on-die instrumentation tools such as Intel® Transceiver Toolkit and AMD IBERT.
- System debugging with Intel SignalTap, AMD ILA and JTAG Avalon-MM/AXI master.
- Specific IP, tools, and flow: Partial reconfiguration (PR) and CvP; dual boot from factory/user image; high-speed protocols: 100 Gb Ethernet Intel® Serial Lite and AMD Aurora; Gigabit Vision, and more.
AMD UltraScale+® FPGA and Intel Stratix® 10® FPGA
Analog design focuses on signal fidelity, amplification, and filtering. RF design focuses on the transmission of a signal between two circuits that have no direct electrical connection, using electromagnetic radiation.
We can wirelessly transfer analog and digital data by manipulating and interpreting this radiation.
reflex ces is an expert in mixed signal applications:
- Implementating of the front-end analog channels (amplification, attenuation, filtering, etc.), paired with FPGAs or processors
- ISM radio band implementation
- High-end ADC/DAC adaptation
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) constraints
Our software experience includes a complete portfolio of software design expertise to satisfy specific customer requirements, from embedded board support package (BSP) to end-user applications:
Processors, Microcontrollers and SoCs:
- x86 based: Core i5/i7, Xeon®
- PowerPC/QorIQ technologies
- ST Micro Electronics® STM32
- Microchip® PIC32
- Intel® PSG SoCs (Arria® 10, Stratix® 10), Intel PSG Nios® II
- AMD ZYNQ 7000, UltraScale+ MPSoC
Board Support Package (BSP):
reflex ces teams have expertise in the developing and optimizing all board support package elements:
- Filesystems: Linux rootfs based on Linaro, Buildroot, Yocto, etc., or full custom OS
- Drivers (Linux and Windows)
- Test applications and scripts
Broad range of End-User applications:
According to customer or project needs:
- Test applications and scripts
- Command line applications
- Graphical user interface (generally based on Qt)
The main programming languages we use for development are:
- C++ (classical C++98 and modern C++11/C++14/C++17),
- Script (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.),
- Qt Creator,
- Visual Studio Code,
- Eclipse-based IDE (XSDK/VITIS from AMD, System workbench for STM32, etc.)
- Qt 5.X,
- Node.JS / Vue.JS,
Use of various operating systems according to customer needs or selected by reflex ces:
- Debian and derivatives,
- RPM (CentOS/Fedora) and derivatives
- Full custom for specific needs and optimizations such as size, boot/shutdown time, etc.)
- Windows 7/10,
- FreeRTOS Operating System
Main technology and protocol expertise:
Low-speed serial link:
Storage devices: EEPROM, NAND/NOR Flash, SATA, eMMC, Micro SD, NVMe/M.2
reflex ces develops heatsinks for the current and future needs of FPGAs (above 200 W):
- Heat pipe or vapor chamber paired with skived fins or zipper fins (see for example the XpressGXS10-800G boardand COMXpress Stratix® 10 SoC board)
- Possibility of active heatsinks (see for example the Sargon Stratix® 10 GX board and the COMXpress Stratix® 10 SoC board)
- Cool conduction heatsinks
- Thermal simulations to develop and validate designs
3D printing prototypes are also developed for tests (casing, retention parts, etc.)
At reflex ces, mechanical skills also include developing systems.
If our standard thermal solutions do not meet your needs, we can develop custom thermal solutions. Our goal is to provide optimum heat dissipation for the whole system. Thermal studies are conducted to ensure proper function.
Shock and vibration
Shock test: To ensure the product can withstand shocks. The product is dropped on its 26 axes (sides, edges) from a height of 1.20 m (4′). This test is representative of a fall during product transport.
Examples of norms: AECTP 400, METHOD 414, PROCÉDURE 1 : TRANSIT DROP
Drop of a suitcase to test the durability
Vibration test: To ensure the product will work on a truck or boat, and that vibrations will not affect the product.
Examples of norms: JESD N°22B103B ; VITA47-Vibration V3 Choc OS2 MIL-STD-810F
Equipment position during the vibration test, to ensure vibrations do not affect the product
Tropicalization refers to the process of adapting the product to harsh environmental conditions
- Climatic tests for pressure, temperature, moisture: Examples of standards: Stanag 4370 AECTP230 Ed 3
- Water tightness and dust tightness: Examples of standards: IP65
The MTBF indicator (mean time between failure) is a calculation of the predicted time between inherent failures in a hardware product. This measures product reliability and allows the customer to make long-term plans.
Examples of standards: Guide FIDES 2009 edition A (September 2010) / Telcordia SR-332 issue 3 standard
Turnkey solutions benefits
Developing turnkey solutions at reflex ces involves designing software, FPGA, analog and RF and boards, as well as mechanical design such as heatsinks or heat pipes, vapor chambers, or customized thermal development, and even a qualification step if necessary.
reflex ces is your one-stop supplier and solution provider for all of your turnkey solutions.
Working with a turnkey solutions company like reflex ces ensures high-quality projects.
Turnkey solutions specifications
reflex ces’s turnkey solution specs include designing FPGA and boards, plus software design and development, system and mechanical design, and qualification. This solution offers fully custom development. It is perfectly suited to your complex and out-of-the-ordinary projects.
reflex ces offers a turnkey approach, starting from your business requirements, and suggesting all the necessary steps for your turnkey solution, for a value-added final turnkey project.
We also have the skills to bring your project into the industrialization phase, from mid-sized to high-volume services, for a complete turnkey manufacturing solution.