The XpressVUP-LP9PT3 Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU9P-3 FPGA PCIe board is a low-profile PCIe network processing FPGA board, optimized for HFT (high frequency trading) and Ultra low-latency.
The XpressVUP-LP9PT3 Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU9P-3 FPGA PCIe board is based on an AMD Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU9P-3 FPGA, with -3 speed grade.
The board provides 2 banks of DDR4, 2 banks of QDR2+ memories (2 chips of 288 Mbit for a 576 Mbit total of external QDR2+), and two QSFP28 cages for multi 10 GbE/40 GbE/100 GbE networking solutions.
The FPGA board is delivered with a dual slot active heatsink, and was specifically designed to optimize embedded applications.
This low-profile PCIe board is designed for computationally intensive applications, from HPC to finance and networking.
Advantages of using our Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU9P-3 FPGA board in finance applications include high performance, low latency, and enhanced security. Fintech is a domain in which companies increasingly require the most innovative and high-end FPGA technologies for their key applications listed on the stock exchanges and the banks. Such FPGA boards enable financial institutions to accelerate computations, make faster trading decisions, and optimize their financial strategies, ultimately gaining a competitive edge in the dynamic world of finance.
For a different speed grade, check the XpressVUP-LP9PT Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU9P FPGA PCIe board or the XpressVUP-LP5PT Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU5P FPGA PCIe board.
Benefits & features
- PCIe Gen3 x16
- AMD Virtex UltraScale+ VU9P-3 FPGA
- On board two DDR4 and two QDR2+ independent banks
- Two QSFP28 optical cage for multi networking solutions
- PCIe endpoint with 16 lanes at 8 Gb/s link rate (Gen3)
- Fail safe configuration flash sector
- Tandem configuration mode available
- JTAG connector
The XpressVUP-LP9PT3 Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU9P-3 FPGA PCIe board is a low-profile FPGA board, compliant with RoHS/REACH, ISO 9001 and UL standards.
The board is based on the AMD Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU9P with -3 speed grade semiconductor FPGA. The device is ideal for computationally intensive applications.
FPGAs (field programmable gate arrays) are used to offer high-capacity logic and memory storage.
This board has been specifically designed for high-frequency trading (HFT) and ultra low latency applications within the finance industry. Utilizing our FPGA board, which is based on the Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU9P-3 FPGA with a speed grade -3, it offers two key advantages for such specialized finance applications:
-Ultra Low Latency: With its low-latency capabilities, the FPGA's parallel processing architecture and high-speed interfaces enable rapid data processing, making it the ideal choice for real-time financial analysis, algorithmic trading, and market data feed processing. The ability to swiftly execute and respond to market events is critical for high-frequency trading strategies.
-Customizable Hardware Acceleration: The reconfigurable nature of the FPGA empowers financial institutions to design and implement customized hardware accelerators tailored to their specific HFT models and algorithms. This level of customization enhances performance, reduces latency, and enables faster execution of complex financial computations like risk analysis and options pricing.
By harnessing these advantages, financial institutions can process vast amounts of data rapidly, make well-informed trading decisions with minimal latency, and optimize their financial models for enhanced performance in the context of HFT and ultra low latency environments.
Our Virtex® Ultrascale+™ VU9P-3 FPGA development board is specially designed for customer needs and specifications.
Our sales team is available to advise you on the best solution according to your needs, at email@example.com.
FPGA and configuration modules
- AMD Virtex UltraScale+ 16nm FPGA : XCVU9P-3FLGB2104E
- 2,6 M System Logic Cells, 270 Mb UltraRAM
- JTAG connector for external AMD USB cable
- 2x Nor Flash for dual quad SPI (x8) configuration mode
- PCI Express x16 (Gen 1, 2 or 3)
- 2 x QSFP28 quad optical cage (2 x 4 XCVR : 28 Gb/s per link) which supports 10GbE/40GbE/100GbE
- Other protocols supported by the QSFP28 modules
- On board DDR4, 2x banks by 64 bits + 8 bits ECC, total 8GB @2666 MHz
- On board QDR-II+, 2x banks by 18 bits, total 576Mbits @550MHz
- 10°C to 45°C
- On board programmable PLL oscillator (Si5345), highly flexible and configurable clock generator.
- On board high precision oscillator provides clock accurate 20MHz-0.05ppm for Precision Time Protocol (PTP) Ethernet, synchronisation protocol standardized IEEE 1588
- One coax connector for PPS (pulse per second) that allows a synchronisation of multiple electronics parts
- Length : 167.7mm (6.59inches)
- Height : 68.9mm (2.71 inches) / Low Profile PCIe
- Dual slot active heatsink
Standards and compliance
- RoHS/REACH compliant
- UL certified
- ISO9001 Facility
- Low-profile (half-height) form factor PCIe Board
- PCIe standard full height and low profile brackets
- ATX power cable and expander
- JTAG adapter cable to USB
- XpressVUP Board Support Package
- Reference Manual
- HDL designs, Vivado 2023.1
- PCIe Reference Design using AMD Xilinx QDMA IP
- Mechanical files: 3D DWF/STEP models and 2D CAD drawing (upon request)
XpressVUP-LP9PT3 :VU9P speed grade -3; 2 bank DDR4 by 72bit of 8GBytes total @2666MT/s; 2 banks QDR2+ by 18bit of 288Mbit each @550Mhz