The COMXpress SOM is a COM Express Basic form factor Module, Type 7 standard. It is based on an Intel® Stratix® 10 SoC FPGA.
The Stratix® 10 is one of the best-performing and latest FPGA families developed by Intel®. This device is optimized for PFGA applications that require high transceiver bandwidth and core fabric performance.
Thanks to a system-on-chip (SoC) (an integrated circuit inside the FPGA, most often a CPU (central processing unit) processor), the FPGA can better control the board.
System-on-modules (SOMs) are small, integrated single-board computers. The module’s small size and strong FPGA make it perfectly suited to embedded and industrial markets.
Target markets include HPC and analytics, acceleration, and intelligent vision & video processing.
The Stratix® 10 SoC SOM is shipped with a custom heatsink and its board support package.
We offer a PCIe carrier board as an optional extra product, or we can design a custom carrier board.
Benefits & features
- COM Express Basic form factor Module, Type 7 standard
- Intel® Stratix® 10 SX Technology - 2800 KLE density
- Designed for High Performance Computing and Acceleration
- 32 PCI Express lanes
- IO and Transceiver extension connector
- Board-to-board connection
The COMXpress Stratix® 10 SoC system-on-module is an FPGA development board, specially optimized for embedded applications thanks to its small size and its low-power consumption.
Thanks to a perfectly suited Stratix® 10 FPGA design, this evaluation board offers rapid prototyping for quick time to market.
The Stratix® 10 is one of the best-performing and latest FPGA families developed by Intel®. Delivering an unprecedented 2X core performance, up to 70% lower power (leading to lower power consumption), up to 10.2 million LEs, and the highest level of system integration, the Intel® Stratix® 10 microprocessor is uniquely positioned to address next-generation, high-performance systems in the most demanding applications. This semiconductor device is optimized for FPGA applications that require the highest transceiver bandwidth and core fabric performance.
FPGAs (field programmable gate arrays) are used to offer high-capacity logic and memory storage, while maintaining a module size suitable for embedded solutions.
Our Stratix® 10 SoC SOM is developed with an SoC FPGA. The system-on-chip (SoC) is an integrated circuit inside the FPGA, most often a CPU processor (central processing unit), that allows the FPGA to better control the board. The Arria® 10 SoC FPGA combines the flexibility and ease of programming of a CPU with the configurability and parallel processing power of an FPGA. The module can be used as a slave (using GX) or as a host (using the SoC) in high-performance computing systems.
The type 7 interface provides an extremely high PCIe bandwidth through its 32-lane Gen3.
Our Stratix® 10 FPGA module offers primary interfaces such as a tailor-made PCB, transceivers, DDR4, high-speed links, Gigabit Ethernet, and more. We provide online technical support for debugging, schematics and development tools, datasheets, and certifications may be available on request.
Our Stratix® 10 SoC SOM is specially designed for customer needs. Our sales team is available to advise you on the best solution according to your needs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
FPGA and Configuration Modules
- Stratix® 10 SX (1SX280LN3F43E2VG) with ARMV8 (Integrated quad-core 64 bit ARM CortexA53 hard processor system up to 1.5 GHz embedded)
- MAX10 CPLD with board management control
- JTAG connector for external USB cable
- eMMC 32GBytes (HPS) / with U-boot, Linux kernel & Rootfs
- NOR Flash for quad SPI (x4) FPGA configuration mode
- 4x memory banks on board DDR4:
- 3x banks on FPGA, 16GB + ECC, x72bit, @2400MT/s
- 1x bank mutual HPS/ FPGA, 8GB + ECC, x72bit, @2400MT/s / @1866MT/s (if HPS is used)
- Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T (HPS)
- 4x 10GbE base KR (default)
- 2x Serial SATA revision 3.0, 6Gb/s
- 3x USB2.0 HOST
- 1x USB3.0
- 1x SMB,I²C,UART
- 8 GPIOs (4 FPGA + 4 HPS)
- 2x PCI Express x16 (Gen 1, 2 or 3), end-point supported
- eSPI interface multiplexed over Intel Low Pin Count (LPC) Interface
- Network Controller Sideband Interface (NC-SI) supported (and optional)
- Programmable PLL (Si5341), output clocks frequency 0.0001MHz to 750MHz
- High precision on board oscillator, clock accuracy 20MHz-0.05ppm for Precision Time Protocol (PTP) IEEE 1588
- +12V primary power supply input, 120W max
- +5V standby and 3.3V RTC power supply inputs
Operating Range : 0°C to 40°C
Storage temperature Range : 0°C to 70°C
- Length : 125mm (4.92inches)
- Width : 95mm (3.74 inches)
- Height (without heatsink) :
- 11.91mm (with 5mm Standoffs)
- 14.91mm (with 8mm Standoffs)
Standards and compliance
- RoHS/REACH compliant
- UL certified
- ISO9001 Facility
The COMXpressSX Stratix® 10 module from REFLEX CES :
- Stratix® 10 SX COMe Basic module type 7
- Delivered with a custom heatsink
- Board Support Package (Reference Manual, Design Carrier Guideline, HDL reference designs, Connectors to FPGA pin assignments)
- Kernel Linux support, U-boot bootloader and comprehensive user documentation
- JTAG adapter cable for external USB blaster probe.
- Evaluation PCIe Carrier Board available (upon request)
- 3D mechanical files (under request)
- Turbo version : COMXpressSXS10L-2801T - Commercial temp grade
- Indus version : COMXpressSXS10L-2801I - Industrial temp grade (available Q3-2022)
COMXpress SoC with its heatsink :
ECCN Number : 5A991
CECC (commodity Export Classification Certificate) : Download certificate