The Arria® 10 SoC SOM carrier board provides access to all the features of the Achilles Arria® 10 SoC system-on-module (ethernet, OTG USB, Transceivers, UART) and includes further functions, such as SFP+ connectors, PCIe x8 Gen3, USB3.0, and a Wifi interface.
This PCIe Carrier Board is an optional extra product for clients looking for a PCIe format card.
All REFLEX CES Achilles Arria® 10 SoC SoM products (Achilles Arria® 10 SoC system-on-module, Achilles Arria® 10 SoC SoM Development Kit) can be used in conjunction with the PCIe Carrier Board. We also can design a custom carrier board.
The target markets include automotives, video broadcasting, machine and intelligent vision, industry, military, testing and measurements, and medical.
Benefits & features
- Fully compatible with the Achilles Arria® 10 SoC SoM board
- PCIe Gen3 x8
- SFP+ connectors
- Designed to be embedded
Our Arria® 10 SoC SOM carrier board is a development board specially created to facilitate the board design of the Achilles Arria® 10 SoC system-on-module. This carrier board was designed based on customer requirements. It is sized to fit the embedded Achilles FPGA module perfectly. Components on the PCIe carrier board come with all the features already offered by the SOM.
Using this Arria® 10 SoC SOM carrier board allows customers to save time during system integration, and accelerate time to market.
This evaluation board is programmable, and can be used for prototyping and production volumes.
The Arria® 10 SoC SOM, working alongside the Arria® 10 SoC SOM carrier board, is based on the Intel® Arria® 10 SoC FPGA.
Featuring an ARM dual-core Cortex-A9 MPCore and up to 660 KLEs of advanced low-power FPGA logic elements, the Arria® 10 SoC SOM combines the flexibility and ease of programming of a CPU with the configurability and parallel processing power of an FPGA.
Its small size and its strong FPGA makes it perfectly suited to embedded and industrial markets.
Thanks to a system-on-chip (SoC) (an integrated circuit inside the FPGA, most often a CPU (central processing unit) processor), the FPGA can better control the board.
The entire Achilles family—the Arria® 10 SoC SOM (in three different version), the Arria® 10 SoC SOM Development Kit, and the Arria® 10 SoC SOM carrier board—is based on the Intel® dual core Arria® 10 FPGA. This processor is a microcontroller, specially designed for embedded applications, and fully customizable in all our products.
Every product has its own datasheet with precise specifications.
Our Arria® 10 SoC SoM carrier board is specially designed for customer needs.
Our sales team is available to advise you on the best solution according to your needs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Block diagram of the Arria® 10 SoC SoM carrier board :
Block diagram of the Arria® 10 SoC SoM carrier board and the Achilles Arria® 10 SoC SoM board :
Configuration & Monitoring : Arria® 10 SoC SoM + PCIe Carrier board
- Onboard USB Blaster JTAG configuration circuitry to enable FPGA configuration over USB connector.
- One µUSB connector allows interfacing UART bus and communicate with the MAX 10 and the HPS FPGA.
- One connector for connecting a Linear Powerplay DC1613A USB cable
PMBus interface : Digital Power System management is ready, configure and interrogate the PSM Devices with LTpowerPlay
Communication Interfaces : Arria® 10 SoC SoM + PCIe Carrier board
- PCI Express x8 2.5/5.0/8.0 Gbps (Gen 1, 2 or 3) on PCI Express edge connector
- 1x QSFP+ quad optical cage (4 XCVR:10.3125 Gb/s per link)
- 2x SFP+ single optical cage (2 XCVR : 10.3125 Gb/s per link)
- 2x Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T (HPS)
- 1x USB3.0 Micro B (FPGA)
- 1x USB OTG Mini AB (HPS)
- One 1x10pts connector for connecting an LCD
Board Size : Arria® 10 SoC SoM + PCIe Carrier board
- Standard height ( 111.15 mm / 4.376 inches) x Half length ( 167.65 mm / 6.600 inches) / Fan on top for SoMA10
- Fan on top for Starter Kit evaluation mode
- Evaluation mode on desk with AC power supply (AC power supply not included)
- or can be inserted into a PCIe slot and used as a PCIe card
Standards and compliance
- RoHS/REACH compliant
- UL certified
- ISO9001 Facility
- Achilles Arria® 10 SoC SoM PCIe carrier board
- Mandatory to purchase an Achilles Development Kit for deliverables:
- Starter board with the Achilles Arria® 10 SoC module (+ heat spreader, heat sink and fan)
- Power supply and cables (US, UK, EU, JP), interface cables(USB, Ethernet)
- Module, Starter board, PCIe carrier board documentation (Reference Manual, Starter Guide)
- Starter board & PCIe carrier board schematics
- Carrier Design Guide
- Mechanical drawings PDF, 3D Step, Assembly files PDF
- HDL Test Designs (Quartus projects) by module version
- 10GbE RefDesign
- Kernel Linux & Linaro optimized distribution, U-boot bootloader, Test scripts
- Online support at support.reflexces.com :
- Quartus Prime Pro DKE under request
In addition to the Arria® 10 SoC SoM carrier board, you can buy the Achilles Development Kit or the Achilles System-on-module (available in three different version according to your FPGA, memory or connectors needs). We also can propose the design of a custom carrier board.
- PCIe Carrier Board Arria® 10 SoC SoM = RXCA10S0000F34-FHP0SA
ECCN Number : 4A994i
CECC (commodity Export Classification Certificate) : Download certificate